Petzl Rescue KitSKU: K025AA00
Kit for hauling and self-rescue (developed for crevasse rescue)
The RESCUE KIT contains everything needed for setting up a hauling system or a rope ascent in case of a fall into a crevasse. This kit is essential for glacier travel (on skis or on foot), but also good to use as kit for canyoning or caving.
Rescue set parts
The Petzl Crevasse rescue set consists of the following materials:
• Weather resistant manual with a hole for attaching to a carabiner.
• Micro Traxion pulley with backstop, can also be used for self-rescue. The Micro Traxion also has a good grip on iced ropes.
• Simple Partner pulley with rotatable flanges for quick attachment to the rope. This pulley reduces the force required for a hoisting system for (self) rescue.
• The Tibloc ascender is much lighter than conventional ascenders and can be used more quickly, for example a prusik knot. The Tibloc also has a good grip on iced ropes due to the sharp teeth.
• The OK Screw-Lock oval carabiners are perfectly usable with the Partner pulley and the Micro Traxion due to their symmetrical shape.
• The St'Anneau sling is manufactured from a combination of light-weight Dyneema and nylon, which is flexible and durable. The length of 120cm has several uses: Foot loop for self-rescue, connecting the Micro Traxion to the anchor, or at the bypass point of a hoisting system.
The RESCUE KIT contains everything needed for setting up a hauling system or a rope ascent in case of a fall into a crevasse or other vertical accident:
- Weight: 370 g
- Rope compatibility: 8 to 11 mm
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA