About CanyonZone, owner Gertjan van Pelt
Specialism: Specialist in canyoning and caving gear and techniques for those who like to go into the canyons and caves all over the world. Beside the standard gear we can deliver custom made gear, inspect your gear about safety and organise canyontrips and workshops & clinics in themes like vertical / aquatic technique / preparation / rescue.
Guiding & teaching in Vertical Single and Double Rope Techniques, specialized in Canyoning & Caving area and techniques, consultancy for outdoor challenges and customized programs.
For current activities: See Facebook
Followed courses / education (most important)
- First Aid in Canyoning - REGA CH sept 2019
- Outward Bound Belgium
WAFA, Wilderness Advanced First Aid
2014 - 2017
- Rotterdam School of Management (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
MSc, Marketing, Private Label
1996 - 2008
Activities and Associations: RSAC, Rotterdam Student Alpine Club.
- See Linkedin
Guiding in the outdoors, in the whole of Europe especially in terrain with mountains, caves and canyons.
Teaching Single Rope Techniques for Climbing, Caving, Canyoning, Rope Access, Resque Techniques.
Outdoor Consulting, including business plan & sales strategy development.
Outdoor & Cavingguide
by Terraventuras, Berner Extreem, X-Adventure, Poco Loco and Builder High Rope Parcours / Bouwer klimbos.
'Demmenie Sport, Bever Zwerfsport, X-Adventure.
- Explostam - Scouting: President, Canyoning & Caving Commissioner / Coordinator.
- CanyonTeam NL: initiator workshops and events - development of safe canyoning for self reliant canyoneers
- Nederlandse Canyoning Bond (Dutch Canyoning Federation):Secretary, Development Commission,Canyoning Instructor, Commission Development & Education (develop, teach and train the canyoningtechnieken for national and international guidelines).
- Canyon Team Vlaanderen: Teacher (Development of newest gear and techniques in canyoning for safe tour). Team Spelunker Training (Werkgroep Speleologisch Vorming (WSV))
Teaching caving techniques to beginners and advanced cavers in Netherlands and Belgium and exame the participant of a course.
- NKBV:Canyoning Section member.
- Deutscher Canyoning Verein: Member of Safety Commission (Science and technology, Research about safety and risk managment in canyoning sport)