Caving (basic) equipment
Much material you use in Caving is also used / is good to use in canyoning and vice versa.
See the articles under Canyoning (base) equipment.
This section only includes the more specific potholing articles, Clothing for Cavers.
- Suits / Overalls
- under suits
Below is a table that lists what contains the basic equipment / material of an independent caver (should) (s) in the cave itself.
This is what is sure to bring in the cave!
Everything you need as a starting caver is offered in attractive packages.
See our extensive assoriment.
You can buy everything for a nice caving tour at CanyonZone! Here you will find everything you need to make a safe cave tour (= discovery tour).
Caving equipment & material - in the cave (new practitioner, personal equipment)
- Caving Overall / Suit
- Caving Sit Harness
- Chest Harness
- Delta Maillon 10mm
- Cowstail / lanyard, self knotted
- Snapper carabiners
- Oval screw carabiner
- Oval steel carabiner brake
- Chest Ascender
- Hand Ascender (with / without handle)
- Footloops / Rope Step (own nodes)
- Prusik rope
- Waterproof barrel (personal stuff !!) with at least this:
- Waterproof head lamp (emergency light)
- Food (concentrate, dextrose)
- Rescue blanket, candle, lighter / matches
- PERSONAL MEDICATION
- Spare lenses / glasses (if needed)
- First Aid (see Rescue various articles)
- Drink: at least 1 liter p.p.
- Nice to have
Caving equipment & material - in the cave (new practitioner, collective material)
- Topo maps
- Spit Plates
- Rigging key
- GSM + contact numbers
NOTE: Everyone uses the same material as you want at the end of a cave tour with the same material back home, you can mark it best with heat shrink, paint or tape !!
For the more advanced techniques have obviously different and more material is needed. We advise you gladly.