Damage, loss or missing content, what to do?
Signing for a shipment is signing for proper receipt. If you, as the recipient, notice damage, you must sign for receipt with reservation. It must be clearly stated why the reservation is made.
When submitting a claim for a damaged package, I need the following documentation:
If your shipment is on the road longer than planned, your package may be missing. However, it does not always have to be wrong. The carrier itself must first declare a shipment as officially missing. 10 waiting days are often used for this.
If items are missing from undamaged shipping packaging, this must be reported immediately, see Contact and address details
Which documents are required to submit a claim?
To make a claim in case of damage or loss, the following documents are required:
- Delivery note / proof of delivery with description of the damage, in case of damage and / or missing content. Obtain a signature of delivery subject to damage on the delivery note or PDA (Personal Digital Assistant or handheld computer) of the delivery person.
- Submit photos in case of damage
- It is imperative that the claim for damage or loss is made within 24 hours of receipt of the shipment. Otherwise it cannot be processed.
In case of damage, please attach photos
If the goods are damaged, photos of 3 aspects, with date and time, are required to show this damage:
1. Photo of damaged goods in its entirety: a photo must show the damage in its entirety and not just a detail of it. If the damage is not visible on a total photo, it is necessary to add another image of the item where the damage is visible. If more than one damaged item is found, take a photo of all items together.
2. Photograph of the outer packaging, including the carrier's label: The photograph must show that the shipment was made by the carrier and that the associated claim is for the contracted shipment. We request that you take the photo at a distance where the shipping label is visible.
3. Photo of the goods with packaging inside: The photo must show that the packaging used has protected the contents during transport. We ask for an image of the damaged goods while they are still in the packaging, exactly as the recipient received them.
Do not tear the used packaging: Keep the damaged goods and their packaging, the goods should not be repaired or treated until the expert's report is made.
All information should be related to the Order number and the date the package was received.
Submit claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ overview: Go back.