Petzl ShuntSKU: B03B
Rappel back-up ascender / Backup device
Used below the rappel device, the SHUNT works as a rappel back-up and replaces friction hitches like the Prusik. Works on single and half ropes. A mechanical replacement for self-jamming knots (Prusik, Machard, etc.).
- When positioned below the descender, the SHUNT can be used as a back-up device to protect a descent on rappel.
- Brakes when device is released.
- Easy to install on the rope
- Smooth clamping surfaces won’t damage rope
- May be used to ascend single or doubled rope
- Material(s): aluminum frame
- Weight: 188 g
- Rope compatibility: single ropes 10-11 mm or doubled ropes 8-11 mm
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA