Petzl Freino Z TLSKU: M042BA00
Petzl Freino Z Triact Lock
Carabiner with friction spur for descenders
The FREINO Z carabiner has a friction spur for adding or adjusting friction during the descent. It is easy to use and compatible with I’D S, I’D L, I’D EVAC and RIG self-braking descenders. When rotated, it makes the descender loss-proof when being transferred from the equipment loop to the ventral attachment point or anchor. FREINO Z is available in two automatic locking systems: TRIACT-LOCK or TWIST-LOCK.
FREINO Z is an automatic locking carabiner with friction spur, designed for the Petzl STOP 2019 and Petzl SIMPLE 2019 caving descenders. It allows the user to increase or control the braking action of the descent. It facilitates creation of a tie-off.
FREINO Z can be rotated in order to make the descender loss-proof when transferred from gear loop to semi-circular carabiner.
- Descent control:
- the spur helps increase friction for improved descent control with a heavy load (e.g. two-person rescue situation)
- easy to use and control. The rope can be quickly redirected over the friction spur and removed with one hand
- Easy handling:
- rope is easily inserted into the spur, without opening the carabiner
- Keylock system, to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- for use on a harness or an anchor
- When rotated, it makes the I’D S, I’D L and I’D EVAC (1) or RIG (2) self-braking descender loss-proof when being transferred from the equipment loop to the ventral attachment point or anchor
- Two locking systems available:
- TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
- TWIST-LOCK: specific use when quick opening is key (e.g. at the end of a lanyard)
- Can be rotated in order to make the STOP or SIMPLE descender loss-proof when transferred from gear loop to semi-circular carabiner
- Compatible only with STOP 2019 (D009AA00) and SIMPLE 2019 (D004AA00) caving descenders
(1) Versions starting in 2019
(2) Versions starting in 2018
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 362, EAC, NFPA 1983 Technical Use
- Gate opening for friction spur: 12 mm