Petzl Grigri +SKU: D13A
Petzl Grigri Plus
A semi-automatic belay device with brake assist, equipped with an anti-panic function and two positions.
The Petzl GriGri + is Petzl's long-awaited new safety device and is offered in addition to the very common GriGri2. The GriGri + has two new functionalities in addition to the same pleasant working functions that the GriGri2 is known for:
- Anti-panic function
- Switch mode between Toprope and Pre-climbing
- At the moment the climber makes a sudden fall and that the surgeon opens the handle full of panic, the GriGri + immediately blocks. This is the anti-panic function and the climber will safely come to a standstill. In addition, it turned out that the GriGri2 sometimes blocked too easily at the time when the rope was spent too quickly during the pre-climb. There is now a new functionality for this. You can switch between topropes a pre-climb, where the GriGri + allows a piece of smoother rope to pass through when climbing and has the same rope permeability as the GriGri2 during the toprope.
- Certificate: CE EN 15151
- Materials: aluminum side plates, stainless steel friction and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Weight: 200 grams
- 3-year Petzl factory warranty
- Suitable for girth diameters from 8.9 to 11 mm (ideal area: 8.9 - 10.5 mm)
Pros and cons:
- Very controlled descent through the compact handle that ensures a smooth transition during the release of the rope
- Provides extra security with the anti-panic function.
- Choice of two user modes; Pre-climb and Top-Rope Belay stand.
- After activating the anti-panic function it is possible to pull the lever and continue to descend
- Brake assistance Yes
- Type of securing device Self-locking (with brake assist)
- Suitable for a confident
- Minimum rope diameter 8.5 mm
- Maximum rope diameter 11 mm
- Suitable for Single rope
- Provided with anti-panic
- Weight 200 grams
- Reference numbers D13A VI, D13A AG, D13A G