Petzl Pirana BlackSKU: D005AA01
Petzl Pirana BLACK 2020
Adjustable friction descender designed for canyoning:
PIRANA is an adjustable friction descender designed for canyoning. It has three rope installation options, to select the degree of friction before initiating a descent. A friction spur allows braking to be increased during the descent. The plastic ring ensures appropriate connector positioning, to facilitate rope installation with the device remaining connected to the harness, limiting the risk of dropping it. A locking groove and an additional spur facilitate rapid creation of a tie-off.
See also: https://vimeo.com/345032943
The new PIRANA descender offers multiple braking positions and can be placed on the rope without having to take off the belt. Specially designed for canyoning.
- Descender with three braking positions, designed for use in canyoning rappel techniques.
- In order to start the descent can be chosen from three different braking positions, depending on the weight of the user, the diameter of the rope and the terrain.
- Three rope installation options, to select the degree of friction before initiating a descent
- Friction spur allows braking to be increased during descent
- Easy to use:
- plastic ring ensures appropriate connector positioning, to facilitate rope installation with the device remaining connected to the harness, limiting the risk of dropping it
- locking groove and additional spur facilitate rapid creation of a tie-off
- A carabiner with a diameter of 12 mm (as a Petzl Vertigo WL) a tight fit, which makes for a solid carabiner / descender unit.
- Remains securely attached to the harness during the rope, resulting in less chance of loss.
- Reduces the risk of tax on the opening of the carabiner by poor positioning.
- Designed to use with the "Rapid" technique, which will prevent the formation of a knot around the Pirana, it also reduces kinks in the rope, without decreasing the braking resistor.
- Warning: Pirana 2020 is made for Right handed users - not possible to turn the device around and use as Left handed user
- Material(s): aluminum frame, thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) positioning ring
- Weight: 110 g
- Rope compatibility: 8 to 13 mm
- Meets the requirements of the EN 15151-2 standard, except the requirement for minimum dimensions of the attachment point.
- Designed for single rope (also possible with double rope, but certain braking positions may not be useful depending on the diameter of the rope).
- Available in two colors: orange and black