Petzl Am'D modelSKU: M34A
Petzl Am’D model 2016
The AM’D has also been redesigned with I beam instead of the round bar with the screw lock from the Attache 3D.
The Am'D asymmetrical aluminum carabiner has a D shape best suited for connecting a belay system or for holding equipment. Its ergonomics and Keylock system facilitate manipulations, even when wearing gloves.
The Am'D carabiner is available in three locking system versions:
- manual SCREW-LOCK system, or
- automatic BALL-LOCK and
- TWIST-LOCK / TRIACT-LOCK systems.
Each for different situations:
- SCREW-LOCK: occasional use, dirty environments
- BALL-LOCK: frequent use with practical automatic locking; secure use with triple-action opening
- TWIST-LOCK: specific use when quick opening is key (e.g. at the end of a lanyard) and when connecting a GRIGRI to the harness
|References||M34A SL||M34A BL||M34A RL|
|Weight||70 g||75 g||75 g|
|Major axis strength||27 kN||27 kN||27 kN|
|Minor axis strength||8 kN||8 kN||8 kN|
|Open gate strength||7 kN||7 kN||7 kN|
|Gate opening||25 mm||25 mm||25 mm|